Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Baby Baby Fallin in Love Falling in love again


Throughout my whole life I've been chasing something that has always elusive to me. No Not fame and money though I think those two also think I ain't shit. I am talking bout the big four letter word in the cursing universe. That's right Love.
I mentioned earlier that I loved Basketball. That was my first and just like a first love it took me through all the highs and lows of a drug addiction. Just when you think you ready to marry this broad she drops you for the taller more good looking athlete even though she knows you are putting all your heart and soul and occasionally a VCR into her. Of course that relationship ended messy and sent me into a deep depression.
My second love has been comedy and of course I am being cautious with this one. I cancel dates sometimes and don't want to fall as deep for comedy even though It shows way more appreciation then basketball ever did.
Those loves are all well and good but those aren't what we lust after late at night. They can take us ever so far but basic animal instinct is what we come too and most people make a profit off us. If you don't think this is true ask yourself why Cinemax hasn't even given thought to changing its programs after 12. I digress as usual.
The odd thing though I haven't been searching for love as hard as I've really been searching for a consistent sex buddy. I had a girlfriend for 3 years and I can now admit that I wasn't ready and it wasn't fair what i did with her. I realize some of my mistakes and even though I broke up with her I still really care for her and glad that we are still friends.
Which brings us to the current day. I am dating again and as usual I did everything backwards (You can fill in the blanks from here). But getting to know this girl has been a great journey one that I was not ready for and I think I met a special person this time. Wow that felt as corny typing it as it did when it came through my fingers. The truth can be a little Dane Cookish what can I say. When you can look past each others problems and see their enormous potential, I don't know what to call that but not ready to let another four letter word leak out of these fingers.
Alright that's all I got to say this week people. Enjoy Wolverine, The Black Pineapple Express and all the Basketball Games this weekend.I'm out like Kevin Garnett in the playoffs

1 comment:

  1. It seems you have so many priorities you are seeking to fulfill, that being in love or falling in love is not on the top of the list. Your pushing hard to get your comedic career off the group (tough industry), still have emotional feelings for your ex-girlfriend of three years (still are friends) so I could see it being kind of difficult for you making the transition in investing your time with someone else. Dating is cool, and it seems as if you met someone who has that potential... But it is wise not to get too voracious and overcome with past traits and mess things up. The ball is in your court on what is more important and what you want to do. I am sure all will fall into place.

    ReplyDelete