Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Basketball Tournament

Well the tournament is finished and congratulations to North Carolina. All I was concerned about in the tournament was how my brackets were doing anyway. I remember being at Caroline's ready to go on stage and how I was trying to convince everyone Wake Forests was going to make a serious run in the tournament. Needless to say I lost my pool the first weekend of that tournament. The Girl who won it picked Carolina and Michigan State in the Championship because her first boyfriend bought her some baby blue Air Force Ones and she always picked Michigan since the fab Five left. I mean that would be relevant if they weren't two totally different Colleges who were bitter rivals to each other. Other then that, its a fine pick.
But this just goes to show you that all the knowledge you've accumulated over watching hours and hours of basketball means nothing. (I've even got a first ten picks in the draft that's probably more accurate then all the ESPN analyst combined.). Learning that Gonzaga plays soft everytime someone steps up to them. nothing. Knowing that Memphis is not as good as they were last year despite what every talking head would like to tell you. Well that actually made me better then the 30 percentile in my brackets. Aw well this is a good lesson for next year. I know exactly what i am going to do before the tournament. I am going to buy the new Soulja Boy CD while watching ten hours of Maury before i make my selections. That way I can remember to pick Duke because I loved them since Vince Carter won the dunk contests for them.
Any ways till next time Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment