Thursday, April 2, 2009

Start of the beginning

If you don't know My Name is Kyle Bostic. I decided to call this blog Musings of a Black NonGangster because thats how i feel we are personified on screen in Athletics and worst of all Dora the Explorer(why Swiper gotta rock the bandana that hard?). And thats not what Me and my private school background represent. For a long time I wished it was that most of my younger life prolly till I was about 25(about the time A-rod started to realize steroids were wrong, I think is about time I considered looking up to someone who posted up on the block isn't the way to go.)
Well for those that do know me I had an extensive career in basketball. Played my freshmen year in Delafield Wisconsin. Then I broke my ankle. Came home Broke my ankle again. By the time I was able to finally play my senior year. No colleges wanted me. I then Played some AAU ball got noticed by a couple schools. Parents got into a domestic violence altercation so I Stayed home a year and then finally landed at Mansfield University.
I got into comedy at first as a way to fill the void that was there since I could no longer play the game I loved all my life competitively. My comedy Career started by doing a bringer at the Comedy Village 3 years ago that was hosted by Duncan Jay and headlined by Chris Iacono. It has been a harrowing journey so far, alongside the great nights and awful ones I have learned alot about myself. I learned I am a fighter. I learned theres a lot of layers of my life that i finally explore and come to grips with because of comedy. Best of all I have learned that I am an artest at heart and probably would do this for the rest of my life.
Now I think I am going to finish my night by finally watching a Making of the Band episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment