Friday, August 28, 2009

The Black Brett Favre


Is Jay-z becoming the Black Brett Favre? He was supposed to retire after Volume 2 when he said it in the intro. Now we are on volume never ending story that he sold crack. All we need is the white flying dog throwing up the triangle and we are set. We get it your the greatest of all time you done things in this game that nobody ever has done or will do and we will never forget that because you tell us that on every song.

Its crazy writing this because for a long time I was Hova's biggest ally. I had an answer for anything they threw my way. Ask me to explain the sunshine video "Sunshine" I was like puffy dancing fucked up the glow of the suit but it was hot when he first bought it." Ask me to explain the Nas 2nd diss and I would point to that he didn't lose it was just Nas was using word steroids so it should be stricken from the record books. Ask me 2 explain why Memphis Bleek had a career I was finally tongue-tied. Relax though Bleek you are in the will somewhere between Beyonce's huge portion and Ta Ta's share for making sure that Mr. "I wish" wished his tour partner didn't roll so hard. Oh yeah and that was jay-z handing down justice the courts didn't.
But lately I've been flabbergasted at the true similarities between the two all time greats. Both had a period of utter dominance that was unparalleled in their fields Favre with the MVP awards and Hov with the ten straight summers. Both had an uncharacteristic fall from grace Favre with his addiction to pain killers and Jay with the Blueprint 2(Really a Frank Sinatra cover was the way to go after ETHER....! Alert the bitchassness police I think we got a suspect). And the a return to grace only to be tarnished by a comeback.I don't know which was worse Favre Jet year or 'Kingdom Come'. "Show Me What You Got". I'll tell you what you don't have: Another Hit.

Don't get me wrong these two are some of the greatest of all time. But they remind me of when I got He-Man and the Castle of Greyskull for Christmas. It was the greatest thing I ever got and I will always remember the feeling I got when I opened it I still get chills. But that doesn't mean 20 years later I break it out when I have company over like "We're really going to have fun now!!!" That's the way I feel about Jay-Z and Brett Favre. That they should stay in the memories and attics of our mind forever and never come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment