Thursday, May 7, 2009

In the Boxes


Good morning again Non Gangster lovers. Your favorite nonconformists is back at it. Fully bearded, without swag, ready to spread his message of individuality against a world predicated on dumbing everybody down and accepting everything without question. I think if it was up to the powers that be we would all watch Maury Povich and only talk about how much swagger we all have. Dam sounds like most people's lives I know already. I am feeling like a superhero right now, just without the big blockbuster movie about me, especially no tights(I think I would wear a hoody and sweatpants to save the world) or the reckless geek following. Come to think about it any following would be better then the one i have now.
What I've come to talk to y'all about today is a trend we all witness and experience that I just did. We tend to group every one in narrow boxes and we don't ever let them out. Two nights ago I did a gig for an audience of a whole other persuasion (white no need to hide identity in a blog, we need to keep it real) and I seen a comic before me go onstage and do his best Comic View impression. You Know y'all heard this before. "WHite people be whiling" Insert blanks for stereotypical joke here. The only thing was he was surprised when nobody laughed. He came off the stage saying I hate white people and only MY PEOPLE get me. Well if that is the truth the only people you are affiliated with like bad impressions of Eddie Griffin.

Its just these old Def Jam impressions seem so fake and stale to me. They are not real don't come from actual experiences just from what is expected of us. I call these the Flavor Of Love Reunion jokes because they come with alot of weave and La La Vasquez is hosting them but they are just doing it because that is there only way to get on TV. Just feel like if I don't call them out now we will hear alot worst in the future like For the Love of SouljaBoy Reunion jokes.
The crazy thing about it though is the white comediens I run into do the same thing. They think they can only do a Lower East Side hipster crowd and won't come outside of that white picket fence. Only a few accept the challenge of appealing to the masses and try both crowds.
Thats why I respect alot of new school comic who have taken the mantle and want to try to do more things other then the softshoe dance in front of their crowds. Yes that a racist term and they are welcome to call me Uncle Tom if they want to at this point I don't care. I just have to be real to me and disregard these boxes and leave these titles to the people they belong to. BUMS.
I am out like the Ghost of Rick Ross's Career

1 comment:

  1. lol :-) I applaud your honesty homie I get tired of hearing those same old dusty crusty jokes as well. That and that tired comics who come on stage and crack on half the audience. Do you not have any material? can't you attempt to make me laugh without crackin on homegirl with the 6th toe and the open toe shoes at the table next to me? I could go up on stage and do that myself.

    ReplyDelete